Skip to main content

#3 - Lifestyle and Popular Culture

 Have you ever seen someone actually shed tears immediately after walking into a store? This past weekend I went to a conference in Dallas, Texas. After the conference we went and did what any self respected women would do- go shopping. One of my friends was absolutely dying to go to the Galleria in Dallas for one reason and one reason alone- Morphe. 

Morphe is a makeup brand created in 2008. They started with just make up brushes but expanded to different types of makeup. They are known for their quality and for being cost efficient. They still carry makeup brushes, tools, and different types of makeup for eyes, face, cheeks, and lips.

Morphe is a brand that has been distributed online and through other stores such as Ulta. Very recently the brand has expanded to their own brick and mortar store. I got the opportunity to go to this store for the first time this weekend. As far as I know there is very few Morphe brand stores. The brick and mortar store in Texas has not been open for very long. They had their grand opening in September of 2018.  

Walking into the store, it was just like any other makeup store like Ulta or Sephora. I do not know if it was because if it was at the Galleria or not, but it seemed like there was not a lot of space. It was a busy day, and it was kind of hard to manuever around the store. I did not buy anything, but my friend bought about four palettes and lipstick. 

I have personally used Morphe products and I love them. They are definitely worth the price because of the quality and the amount of product you get with them.

For example, thats a 35 pan pallette for 38 dollars. Comparing that to other makeup brands that is amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#4: Technology

I currently use a Surface Pro 3 and I absolutely love it. However, I keep up with all of Microsoft's Surface products because I eventually would like to upgrade.  The newest Surface Pro is the Surface Pro 6 . It came out in September of 2018.  It is most definitely an upgrade. As much as I love my surface pro I still want a laptop as something a little more stable. Can I have the best of both worlds? This is what I believe that the Surface Book 2 or even the Surface Laptop  is.  While the two products seem to be very similar specs wise, the size of the laptop is bigger. Since I do not have either of these products I have to rely on other people's opinions on these products.  On Microsoft 's website, Surface Laptop 2 has a 3.8 review in general. The Microsoft Surface Pro 6  also has a 3.8 general review which is pretty high compared to the Surface book. These two products seem pretty much the same except that the Surface Laptop 2 has a clamshell base with t

#2 - Television

As soon as I saw the trailer for You I immediately thought "This is Gossip Girl gone wrong." You originally aired on Lifetime in September of 2018 and was picked up by Netflix shortly after. Currently there is only one season available, but a second season has been confirmed.  The show is a psychological thriller based on a novel written by Caroline Kepnes in 2015. It follows the life of bookstore owner Joe Goldberg and Guinevere Beck who is an aspiring writer. What at first seems like an awkward crush spirals into the blurred lines between love and obsession. Penn Badgley who is cast as Joe Goldberg also plays a character in the long running show Gossip Girl. Just like Joe, Badgely's character Dan watches his blonde love interest from afar. Joe Goldberg is much less endearing in You as time progresses, but the concept is still the same. I really like that the show is done from Joe's perspective because one gets the opportunity to see things from h

#6: Critiquing a Critic

Mykie from Glam & Gore is a popular Youtube makeup artist. She has around 3.5 million subscribers. She is well known in the the youtube community for combining glam and gore (hence the name) looks on her channel. While she does not do specific reviews all the time, she does give her opinion in the videos she makes.   My favorite thing about her channel other than the fact that she is absolutely hilarious, that she goes through glam makeup basics ( 1 Minute Makeup Tutorial ), and gore makeup basics. She is also well known for speaking on current issues whether in the Youtube realm or otherwise. Examples are  What I Think of the Global Glitter Ban ,  We Need To Talk (About Austin Jones) , (another example goes here).  Since she is a make up artist she does do makeup reviews as well. One example of that is this video. She did a product review for Makeup Geek's eyeshadow and Kryloan's eye blood. She was brutally honest on the quality of these products while also keeping h